Links are an essential part of online help, which helps you navigate from one topic to another.
Links can be of two types, Hyperlinks or Cross-references.
- Hyperlinks are external links. Hyperlinks take you to a Webpage that is outside of the online help.
- Cross-references are internal links that take you to pages within the online help.
In Infinity, both types of links are created using complete URLs.
For example, and hyperlink to an Infinity topic could be:
A hyperlink to an external source:
To include a link:
- Opening a topic in Edit mode.
- Press Ctrl-K or select the link icon from the toolbar.
- To include a hyperlink: Enter or paste the complete URL of the external source. For example, https://www.google.com
- To include a cross-reference: Start typing the title of the topic you want to link. Infinity will provide suggestions as you type. Select the appropriate topic from the suggestions.