An anchor lets you create links to sections in a topic so that you can jump to a particular section within the topic. You can place an anchor or any content block: headings, paragraphs, links, images, and so on.
Perform the following steps to create an anchor link:
Create an anchor
- Opening a topic in Edit mode.
- Place your cursor on the section for which you want to add the link (anchor).
- In the right-hand pane, click the Block tab, and expand the Advanced section.
- Enter the Anchor text.
- Tip: Anchor text is a single word that best describes the block for which you are adding the anchor (link).
Now that you have an anchor, you need to add a link to point to that anchor. You can then jump to the anchored section by clicking that link.
Add a link to the anchor
- Press Ctrl-K or select the link icon from the toolbar.
- To include an anchor: Enter # followed by the anchor text.
For example, #option2.