This topic provides the steps to be followed in a scenario where you want to update an existing published topic but not publish your new changes immediately.
To update an existing published topic for a later release:
- Go to Documentation > All Documentation.
- Click Rewrite & Republish for the topic you want to update.
- The topic is cloned. A clone is indicated with the words “Draft, Rewrite & Republish of <original topic name>”.
- Edit the cloned topic and make the content changes necessary for the upcoming Release. This way, the original topic remains published and untouched.
- Once you are done with your changes, click Save Draft.
Note: Do not click Republish until you are ready to publish your changes.
- You can keep updating the same topic multiple times until you are done with your changes for the Release. Each time you update the topic, click Save Draft to save your new changes.
- Once you are done with all the changes and ready to publish the topic during the time of Release, open the topic in Edit mode and click Republish.
- Once you click Replublish, your changes are merged with the original topic and published to the production site, and the clone is discarded.